We are so excited to share our list of ‘must have’ items for new or expecting moms in your life. You know us…we like to tell it like it is. You aren’t going to find the newest fad baby item on this site…nope. We are going to tell you what these ladies both want and need this holiday season. Some of these items we couldn’t have lived without while some are treats that are worth the splurge. Let us know what you think, we’d love to add to our list. (All opinions are our own, we have not been paid to promote or review any of these products).
- MOBY wrap. I received this for my baby shower and it sat in the nursery closet wadded up because it looked like a long snake and I had no idea or time to figure out how the heck to use it. After I had my second baby I couldn’t figure out how to carry around my newborn and make sure my toddler didn’t run into traffic. ENTER THE MOBY wrap! I watched a handy little YouTube video (as many times as needed…and it may have been a lot) and I was hooked. I could get my newborn out of the car, slip him in the MOBY, and then unbuckle my toddler and head out to the store, the park, wherever. Buy this. Lives will be changed. This one is super cute and is on a super sale! Get it here.
- A subscription box specifically for pregnancy. This is such an amazing idea and a cool unexpected gift. You can sign up for one box or a year of boxes (one box for each trimester). Each box is filled with specialty items related to each trimester. This is also a baby shower show stopper! Here are two of our favorite boxes. Bump Boxes and Mama Bird Box. Both offer nearly 30% off your first order! WE LOVE A SALE!
- A jogging stroller. No…not to jog. Please make sure your recipient knows the meaning behind the jogging stroller. Most new parents register and receive the carseat/stroller combo for a shower gift. Great..awesome…ThankYouVeryMuch. Once the dust settles and your friend comes out of her babycoma…she will want to venture outside the house. She will not want to lug that giant stroller in and out of her car…enter the jogging stroller. This stroller is lightweight, it takes up far less room in the family truckster and it handles so nicely. I had the stroller that we registered for that came with the car seat. It was awesome but about as light and compact as a semi-truck. We were headed out for family vacation this summer which included an amusement and water park. If we had packed that stroller we would have had to secure our kids on top of our car. It took up SO MUCH ROOM. I ended up getting this cute, compact jogging stroller. It wasn’t very expensive, it folded up really easily and the awesome wheels made it handle so smoothly as I dodged people at the park. I wish I would have gotten this thing sooner. There are several brands and versions of this–it would be a great gift for a family. Here is the exact one we have.
- New moms run on love, caffine and the kindness of others. Enter the Starbucks gift card. If she isn’t into caffeine or doesn’t like coffee they have teas, hot chocolate, pasteries, light sandwiches or cake pops. Good lord let the woman sit and eat $25 dollars worth of cake pops. The point is you got her a gift card to a place with both a drive thru…which she can load up baby and zip through or hang out in a lovely environment with great music and free Wi-Fi. GREAT GIFT!
- A night out. Grab a gift card to a local restaurant and a movie. BONUS TIP: Make sure the movie theater has those amazing recliners. EXTRA BONUS TIP: You provide the babysitting. Give them 2 or 3 dates to choose from this way it will be used. We all know if you just give them the gift cards and the offer of babysitting, the kids will be in college before they take the time to use them. Make these parents go out together, eat a hot meal together, hold hands while watching a movie (hell…they can sleep through the show for all anyone cares). Make sure that baby is asleep when they get home. This gift is worth a million dollars and you are now written into their will.
- Audible. You can get a subscription for a month, a few months or a year. We all know being a new parent means you can’t focus on shit. All you are doing is trying to keep this baby healthy and shower every now and again. You spend endless hours rocking and feeding and worrying. How amazing would it be to listen to a book of your choice while doing all of those things. I remember listening to the first two books in the Outlander series while I was on maternity leave. These books are over 800 pages each…who in the hell has time for that?!? However, listening to these sweeping, epic stories read to me in a lovely Scottish accent…yes please.
- A phone charger with a LONG cord. Seriously….great gift. New moms will be spending a lot of time on their phones. It’s inevitable. They will be scrolling through emails, social media and texts while they are feeding baby, rocking baby, changing baby, loving baby, etc. They need to keep their phone charged and by them at all times. Please save their necks by buying them a long ass cord or two. And on that note…
- A portable charger. These little portable charges are life savers. I use My charge. It is a great inexpensive item that I’ve used so many times it’s crazy. Yes, you have a car charger, yes you have a home charger but I can’t tell you how many times I’m out and about and have 4% left on my phone and I go in full panic mode. This little guy has saved my sanity and peace of mind. SO SO WORTH IT! Grab one for yourself while you’re at it.
- This cool new umbrella by Better Brella. I have found that if you have kids you can’t have a functioning umbrella. It’s science. They are always opening it, losing it, jumping on it, hitting each other with it. While this cool newly designed umbrella won’t stop all that it will keep the rain from coming into your car. This is such a genius idea. The umbrella closes kind of backwards so you can actually get into your car without holding the door open to close the stupid umbrella. So smart. Grab one here.
- The manicure/pedicure combo. Lord knows if this momma is pregnant she needs a little time to take a load off while getting her nails done. This was always a ritual I did before I delivered. If baby is already here then get this momma out of the house and let someone rub her hands and feet. It is a great gift to again pair with the offer of free babysitting. Aren’t you lucky!!
- Last but certainly not least we LOVE LOVE LOVE to share copies of our books. Our first book It’s Really 10 Months: Delivering the truth about the glow of pregnancy and other blatant lies is our story. This book is all of our private emails back and forth when we were all pregnant at the same time. We had NO INTENTION of these candid, hilarious conversations ever being public but one thing led to another and VOILA here’s a little reality for you. Our book has been listed by Pregnant Chicken as one of the Best Books to Read When You’re Expecting (GASP! SO EXCITING!). We’ve also won a Mom’s Choice award and have hundreds of reviews letting everyone know our book made people laugh, relate and remember all the crazy things that happen when you’re pregnant. For our second book, It’s Really 10 Months: A Collection of Stories From Girth to Birth we partnered with 32 talented moms and dads to share their stories of pregnancy, labor and delivery. This book is HILARIOUS. Both of these books are perfect for new or expecting moms that only have a few minutes to sit down a read a few pages.
We wish you all a very happy holiday season and are so grateful we found each other. If we can make one mom feel less alone, less stressed and maybe even laugh along the way then we’re doing our job! XOXO! Celeste, Natalie and Kim